I keep posting because I find The Crossing's formula, actually the typical Christian formula, to be a form of emotional and spiritual abuse.
Sure there is Grace; but want to make it better? You don't HAVE to tithe but if you do then you get MORE! People go to church, and most specifically churches like The Crossing, because they promise a better future. They are selling hope at the bargain price of only 10% of your income! This is done under the guise of "giving back to God". Do all this and get a Breakthrough!
This is all well and good until:
- there is job loss, no one hiring and bills are piling up
- your debilitating pain condition gets worse
- a child dies
- a loved one is diagnosed with mental illness and life becomes chaos
- your church kicks you out
- your spouse has an affair and asks for a divorce
- your depression worsens and you become immobile
- Mr./Mrs. Right never comes
Prayers will go unanswered. It does not always work out in the end. You have no guarantees. This is life. What The Crossing does, and so many churches like them, is to set people up for a downfall, disbelief and heartbreak.
My best breakthrough was the day I left.