I could say quite a bit about this but my focus is instead of some specific statements made during this sermon.
Minute 36:25 - "A couple years ago there were some people who were INTENT on hurting Eric and I and this church.
Minute 36:50 - "Change where we needed God to change us." What exactly did you change?
Minute 37:04 - "Something funky got in there." Yes something funky indeed...your actions!!!
Kelly, lets be clear as to why people spoke out against your church.
- A mother was trying to save her son after your reckless comments and authority trip caused him to leave his family, get married hastily and leave college. Here is her story: One Mother's Journey
- You were kicking people out of your church, ruining lives and acting like a cult. Another story: Open Letter to Eric Dykstra
- You were so focused on church growth and yourselves that people were treated like they were disposable. Another story:Keeping the Faith
- You were forcing submission, insane amounts of tithing and promoting fear. WCCO news report: Community in Elk River Discusses Controversial Church
- You wouldn't take accountability for anything. WCCO news report: Pastor Addresses Controversy
- You were allowing abusive leadership to lie and hurt others. My Story Though I will give you credit for admitting this and asking for forgiveness, you still haven't apologized to the person you kicked out due to your leader's lies about her.
Minute 37:19 - "As I drive to work everyday there is a street sign that is the name of one of the people that set out to hurt me..."
Is this the street you're seeing? She wasn't trying to hurt you Kelly. She was trying to save her son!
Again, no one was trying to hurt you. There was a time I would have said you were my friend; though I see that thought was clearly delusional. As I said in my first blog post - I would have come back in a second had you simply admitted wrong.
Let me be succinct here: you still need to admit to what you did that was wrong. Admit it. Own it. Be accountable.